Job Vacancy: Project Coordinator -Gaza
Position Title: Project Coordinator
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Working Hours: 40 hours/week, Sun-Thu (5 days per week)
The Palestinian Employment Fund (PEF) is a national institution was established by Presidential Decree No. 9 of 2003 as a national institution with legal personality and financial authority to contribute to economic growth by activating and motivating labor market policies, as well as implementing programs and projects aimed at creating and generating sustained job opportunities.
PEF is seeking an experienced Project Coordinator to oversee the operations and management of the project within the programs and projects departments. PEF aims to attain specific outcomes within a designated time frame. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for supervising the project's activities, ensuring that the work quality is high, all project documentation is accurate, and impact-based reporting, monitoring, and evaluation are in place. Additionally, he/she will ensure the project complies with PEF and donor regulations, including those procurement, finance, and administration.
- Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting the project manager in implementing the project Activities in accordance with the project proposal and budget.
- Project management and implementation by defining and following up project methodologies, work-plan, and MEAL plan.
- Assisting the MEAL officer to monitor and report by ensuring the alignment of developed data collection tools to the documentation of indicators and measurement of progress made and collecting data as per the framework defined and contributing to its analysis.
- Ensure adherence to PEF and donor's guidelines during project implementation through quality control measures, and arrange meetings and site visits as necessary.
- Facilitate the project's successful execution by preparing a project implementation plan and closely monitoring project activities.
- Perform needs assessments and studies that align with the requirements of each project.
- Manage all components of project and program engagement, including planning, communication, monitoring and evaluation, budgeting, risk and issue management, external vendor relationships, and resource allocation.
- Address and resolve beneficiary inquiries by taking the necessary corrective measures.
- Preparing procurement plan/tracker along with budget forecasts as well as following up on the project cash flow with and through the Finance Department.
- Preparing quotations, tenders, and terms of reference (TOR) with and through the Logistics Department.
- Team Management by ensuring and coordination within the team (intra-team management) and with other project teams (inter-team-management) and ensuring that operational, administrative & logistics procedures are respected by project staff.
- Conduct field visits to the beneficiaries and provide the management with reports and recommendations.
- Oversee and monitor beneficiary selection processes, providing guidance and support as required.
- Writing narrative: progress Reports, quarterly and annual reports.
- Responsible for preparing the success stories, testimonies, media coverage, and project documentation.
- Liaising with and answering inquiries from media, individuals, and other organizations and representing PEF in meetings, conferences, workshops, cluster meetings, and others.
- Acting as the project focal point between PEF and the project donor and partners.
- Implement any other tasks as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration, public administration, or relevant fields.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working with international development projects especially in employment projects.
Skills and Competencies Requirements
- Demonstrated ability and experience in employment projects and overseeing community development projects (including designing, preparing submissions to donors, monitoring, reporting, evaluating and partnership building), especially in a region with high levels of ongoing conflict.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, especially of project budgets including planning, monitoring, currency exchange, acquittals, and reporting.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation.
- Creativity and innovation in designing and managing new projects.
- Leadership abilities and experience in working successfully in a team environment, including the ability to handle conflicting urgent priorities, and difficulties in working relationships with partner organizations.
- Excellent communication, representation, networking, administration and negotiating skills.
- Language proficiency (in speaking, reading, and writing) in both English and Arabic.
- Demonstrated knowledge, awareness and understanding of issues relating to the current context of the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
- Proficiency in WinWord, Excel and MS Project.
- Interested candidates should send their CV and a Cover Letter) (1 page) outlining the key qualifications and relevant skills/experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 21/3/2023.
- Please indicate in the email subject line: the position title, your first and last name,place of work(Gaza).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Palestinian Employment Fund (PEF) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for all position.