Job Vacancy: Public Relation & Media Officer
Position Type: Full-time Employment
Location: Ramallah Office
Duration: six months with possibility of extension
Department: PR and Media Unit
The Palestinian Employment Fund (PEF) was established by Presidential Decree No. 9 of 2003 as a national institution with legal personality and independent financial authority to contribute to the economic growth by activating and motivating labour market policies, and implementing programs and projects aimed at creating and generating sustained job opportunities.
PEF (Ramallah Office) is seeking a qualified, experienced, results-oriented Public Relation & Media Officer to carry out duties and tasks according to the Scope of Work of this assignment.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
PR & Media Officer is responsible for the overall image, visibility, and presence of PEF at the national and international levels. It is a cross-cutting position, requiring close coordination with other departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan, develop, and implement PR strategies for PEF to ensure high level visibility at the national and international levels in print, broadcast, and online platforms.
- Initiate and execute PEF’s PR campaigns and PR events: press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours.
- Maintain professional and content relevant presence and visibility on PEF’s website and other social media platforms. Monitor statistics regarding site exposure and users’ engagement. Keep track of published stories and posts.
- Represent PEF at public events: speak at press conferences, radio and TV interviews, meetings, and official presentations.
- Prepare (and circulate) press releases, articles, and keynote presentations.
- Oversee the publishing of PEF’s Annual Report.
- Prepare and supervise the production of publicity materials: brochures, fliers, handouts. Write or edit content included in the publicity materials.
- Liaise with and answer inquiries from media, individuals, and other organizations (via telephone or email).
- Liaise with PR Officers in partner and donor agencies.
- Develop and maintain relevant, updated, and shareable database of media and PR experts.
- Collate and analyze media coverage about PEF on regular basis.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis.
- Developing communication and media plans for the various projects implemented by the fund in cooperation with international partners and donors.
- Implementing communication plans and ensuring that deliverables are implemented punctually.
- Communicate with our partners to obtain their approval of media materials before publishing.
- Commit to and support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to beneficiaries and adhering to the code of ethics and policies of PFESP and the norms in the local society.
- Perform work beyond normal office hours as required, without additional compensation.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to PFESP and not jeopardize its national mission.
- Any other duties as assigned by the CEO.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: No. (The PR & Media Officer might provide supervision to occasional interns, hired within the department.)
POSITION REPORTS TO: CEO
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree (BA or higher) in public relations, media, advertising, or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in INGO or NGO environment, preferably in the employment and economic empowerment field.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and prioritization skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work both independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Excellent knowledge of editing and photography methodologies and programs.
- Demonstrated experience in using MS Office as well as the social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram).
- Fluency in English & Arabic (both written and spoken).
- Good understanding of the social, political, and economic context of Palestine.
- Strong, outgoing personality, able to lead meetings.
- Excellent planning and administrative skills.
- Initiative taker, self-reliant, good team-player.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent ability to work under pressure and carry out multiple tasks.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a Cover Letter to email@example.com, no later than 9/2/2023.
Please indicate in the email subject line: the position title, your first and last name.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.